News - Current and Archived
Thank you, West Side donors! (Jan. 21st, 2011)
As we begin another year of caring for the health of diverse communities, we want to thank the many donors who help make our services available to so many.
As the largest Community Health Center in Minnesota, West Side has become the trusted medical home for over 33,000 individuals every year many of whom have no insurance or are best served in a language other than English. West Side’s high quality, affordable services are there for everyone, and that’s thanks to community generosity.
With your support, West Side was able to achieve the following last year, despite the challenging economy and an uncertain health care environment:
- Our 18 clinics in fiscal year 2010 cared for 33,244 individuals, 50% of whom were uninsured.
- Our dental clinics served 5,453 children and adults, and in 2011 seek to expand to meet the growing need for affordable dental care in our community.
- Our Health Care for the Homeless program brought medical and support services to 2,522 individuals in four shelters and other community settings.
- Our Health Start School-Based Clinics program, the only provider of comprehensive health services to adolescents in the St. Paul public schools, served 3,397, 54% of whom were uninsured.
- Our HIV/AIDS program served 288 HIV + individuals and 166 affected family members, a 19% increase over the prior year.
- Our prenatal program delivered 553 babies, 96% of whom were full-term (> 37 weeks) and 41% of whose mothers breastfed exclusively in the hospital.
- In the annual patient survey, 92% of West Side patients reported satisfaction with their care and would likely recommend West Side clinics to others, and 93% reported care was appropriate for their culture and/or ethnicity.
Charitable contributions help ensure that our services continue to be available to all who need it in our community.
Thank you again!