We have on-site pharmacies at our La Clinica and East Side Family Clinic sites. Both locations provide medication dispensing services as well as Medication Therapy Management (MTM). In order to have your prescriptions filled through our pharmacies you must be an active patient of West Side Community Health Services and your prescription must be written by a provider of West Side Community Health Services.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
La Clinica is now one of a handful of clinics in the state that offers MTM services to its patients. MTM goes beyond the standard counseling associated with receiving a new prescription. Pharmacists work directly with your doctor to assure that all of your medication needs are being met. In private one-on-one MTM consultations, our pharmacists assess your entire drug therapy and aim to answer the following questions:
- Are all of your current medications needed, or are there other medications you should be taking?
- Are the doses of your current medications correct, or are there more effective alternatives available?
- Are you experiencing side effects or are you taking a medication to treat the side effect of another medication?
- Are you taking your medications as prescribed?
- Can you afford your medication?
- Are there less expensive but equally effective medications available?
- Do you understand why you are taking your medications?
- What are your expectations for the therapy?
- What are your concerns with the therapy?
With that information, the pharmacist works with you and your doctor to assure that all identified problems are resolved and that you have the best outcome possible from your medications. Ask your West Side provider if this is a service you could benefit from.
West Side has an onsite pharmacy in the La Clinica building and is available for patients from any of our clinics to use. The pharmacy accepts most prescription insurance plans, including Medical Assistance, HealthPartners, UCare, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, Medica, Goldnet, Cigna, Paid, Caremark, and most Medicare Part D plans.
Unfortunately, we are unable to fill prescriptions for controlled products such as Vicodin, Tylenol #3 (tylenol with codiene), Percocet, Ritalin (methylphenidate), Adderall, Ativan (lorazepam), Xanax (alprazolam), Ambien (zolpidem), Robitussin with Codeine and Sudafed (pseudoephedrine).
We have English, Spanish and Hmong speaking staff and provide prescription information in English and Spanish.
*Please note: new prescriptions dropped off 30 minutes before close will not be ready until the next business day.
Phone: (651) 602-7589
Fax: (651) 602-7502
Clinics that offer this service